What is Digital Transformation
“Follow the customer, if they change, we
change” (Terry Leahy)
Digital Transformation is a way of using technology to create different ways of doing business and can sometimes mean big changes to long standing/outdated processes.
Digital Transformation starts and ends with the customer, recognising their needs, examining what your technology is capable of and then seeing how you can adapt and improve your current ways of working to add more value, increase operational efficiency and productivity.
One good example of digital
transformation is Netflix. “In the olden
days” (yawn!) if you wanted to see a good film, you had to rent one from a
video store, tediously searching through shelves of video tapes to find
something that took your fancy. Nowadays,
keeping up with customer needs and the times, Netflix offers a streaming service that allows members to watch a wide variety
of award-winning TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more on thousands of internet-connected devices.
As you can see, Digital transformation is a cultural shift, a way of examining your existing company processes and identifying better ways of doing things through digital innovation.
How Ver Facil help Businesses Digitally Transform
At Ver Facil we help businesses to use digital transformation to bring efficiencies, increasing productivity and savings in time, costs and early problem intervention with our 24/7 monitoring and alert system. The system is based on wireless sensors linked to a cloud dashboard enabling access to the data from all sensors at any time in one place. Being wireless the system is easy to install and cost-effective.
We work with a wide range of businesses including farmers, academies, schools, pubs, restaurants, food processors, marinas, fisheries and more, bring efficiencies in a variety of ways.
Some examples of the ways our system can be used to bring digital efficiencies are:
- Manually dipping liquid tanks – The system can save the time of dipping tanks by monitoring the liquid level 24/7, so you just open the dashboard to know whether it requires emptying.
- Manually recording fridge or freezer temperatures – The system can save the time of manually reading thermometers and the early alerts can reduce waste if there is a problem. The temperature can be seen in the dashboard with colour coding and alerts sent to mangers or a maintenance team.
- Manually reading water or energy meters – The system saves the time of physically reading the meter by monitoring the meter 24/7 and seeing the data in the dashboard. In large multi-metered sites, it can highlight small leaks allowing early intervention saving money and reducing water or energy waste.
- Manual recording of stored domestic hot water services (DHWS) for legionella – The system provides 24/7 monitoring of the temperatures throughout the hot water system with alerts if the temperature drops too low, saving the time of manual water temperature recording and reduced disruption from the early alerts if there is a problem.
- Manually counting people in/out of pubs, restaurants or any indoor space – The system can use radar counting in and out of each entrance, linked to a “stop/go” LED light to make it easier to ensure the area is not over capacity and removes the chance of human error.
- Manually checking when bins are full – The system can provide 24/7 monitoring all bin levels with the data available in one dashboard. This can save time as you only send people to the bins when they need emptying.
- No remote fire detection – They system will monitor fire alarms remotely 24/7 with alerts as soon as the alarm is triggered, reducing the spread of damage for barn fires, holiday parks or cottages.
- Manual irrigation planning – The system monitors the soil moisture level 24/7 for all areas of a site in one dashboard, so you only irrigate the tree, flowers or crops need it potentially saving time, money, water and maximising plant health/yield.
- Customer feedback – The system can provide simple happy/sad feedback when linked with our push button sensor, saving the time of sending out questionnaires and can be set to alert that attention is needed if the sad button is pushed.
These are just a few examples, there are many more efficiencies our system can bring to organisations. If you are interested in learning more about using digital transformation to increase your organisations efficiency and productivity, why not give us a call on 01208 811277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.